Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh I hate being lost!

Well, I got to Minneapolis, and I got off the plane. Just to run to the other side of the terminal to join it again at a different gate. Kind of retarded... But I got there and boarded immediately. Got back in my first seat, and sat next to a very cool couple. The gentleman was very funny and we talked a lot about the job, and he showed me some card tricks, and all that such. He and his wife were very helpful when we landed. Very cool.

Afterwards, I got my Canadian paper thingy filled out and approved. Then waited for my luggage. Mine came out in the middle and looked fine to me. So I went to the gate to be let out, and then I was quickly blocked and asked what I was there for. I mentioned Carnival, then they seemed far less concerned and let me go. I went out side to look for my ride, but alas it didn't come. So I called the hotel, and it turns out the man who booked me, booked me for 12:05 pm.. Today... and their shuttle didn't run after 10 PM. So, I had no choice but to get a taxi.

Taxi driver was real cool. Very talkative and friendly. He suggested I never get married and informed me that all women of every culture is the same. So, I told him I'd write that down and keep it in mind. It was a 40 dollar ride, but he helped me carry my stuff in and was friendly, so all was good. I got inside to find out that the hotel really had no idea when I was supposed to be on the ship (as I was informed I would be told when I arrived.) So, I booked a ride to the docks at 8:30. Should be around the time I should be arriving I assume. But it turned out I got my own hotel room. Queen bed.. Awesome. So, I'm laying here writing now! And about to pass out. It's 4 am eastern standard time (the time I'm used too) and I'm feeling it. It's 12:52 here! So.. awesome. Well, I'm off. I'll take some pictures to post soon!

Update after my first day!


No comments:

Post a Comment