Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Airports suck.

Well, I’m in the airport (BWI to be exact,) and I never realized how much I hate the airport. It has been extremely stressful the last hour.


First off, I live in Delaware, so of course, the closest airport is two hours away.. no matter where you go. Unfortunate. Then when you get here, everything is SO confusing. Trying to find the correct parking garage is quite a pain in the ass, not to mention getting inside and knowing where the hell to go. The most painless part was the automatic check in systems. If only everything was that easy.


So we go to check in my bags, and it turns out one of my bags was about 10 pounds over weight. They give you a one or two pound cushion, and my other bag was 47 pounds (three under the limit,) so the woman asked us to redistribute the weight (we as in my parents. They came to help me out. We managed to do so, as well as bump heads and all get very stressed. But they passed the inspection, and went through.


Looking around, there’s no clear directions of where you go to go to the plane terminal. So, we wandered around following the letter C, for that was my gate. But alas, they also have TOWERS named C. And nothing really differentiates that. But after asking for help, we found the way there. My carry ons are a laptop (macbook pro) and an electric guitar (stuffed with clothes from distribution of the overpacked suitcases). I’m most worried about my electric guitar getting on the plane with me, because I’m told you really have a 50% chance of getting it on. If the person checking is feeling good, they’ll work with you. If they’re not, well... you gotta check the bag, which in my case will cost another 200 dollars, (I spent 125 dollars to get my acoustic on the plane.) If they let it through, I’ll enough money to get me through until my first pay day. If not.. well... I’m gonna be living pretty frugally. And I say that like it’s the worst thing ever. I mean, I will have free room and board. And it’s a cruise ship. So money isn’t that necessary the first couple weeks anyways.


Well, I’m going to wait here another 40 minutes before they start boarding, and I’ll write as I find out about my guitar. Hopefully good news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment