Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Medically Approved! Now I Know Where I'm Going!


Well, a day after I sent in my information, I sent an email to confirm that they had everything they needed. I got a reply back that said they did. So, I figured I’d have to wait another 3 or 4 days to find out if I needed something else. Well, later that evening (around 6 PM) I got an email from the medical department saying I was approved. I was very excited! Then I noticed I had a missed call. So I called back and it was the assistant of the person that hires. She told me I was approved and asked when was the soonest I could leave.


After a month of not knowing when I would leave, I had gotten a job, so I told her I could leave in a couple weeks, so that i could finish up the schedule I had at work. Then she asked “What’s a couple weeks..” I then asked how soon she needed me. She told me exactly two weeks from that day. I said “I think that should be cool!” Then she said she needed a definite answer for it because they needed someone immediately. So I asked where I was going, and she told me I’d be going to Anchorage, Alaska. That was one of the two places I hoped to get a job! She asked if I wanted to be out there for 6 months. I told her until the end of the year (5 and 1/2 months). She then sent me the itinerary until September. I did some more research on the ship and it turns out, in September, I’ll be going to Hawaii, then to Mexico, then between San Diego, CA and Mexico.


So Now I’m waiting for the contract. She said she’d be booking my flight to go, so things are REALLY moving fast now.

No comments:

Post a Comment