Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ketchikan!




July 24th, 1:15 pm


I took tons of pictures all around the ship. Then I went to my drill which was a pain to find, but I found it, and it took about 20 minutes. I couldn’t hear much... so I hope we don’t sink or something before I learn the info in more detail. Afterwards, I put on my raincoat, got my camera and went into town. It is a beautiful little town. I took a lot of pictures of it as well. I managed to stop in Polar Treats Deli, and got myself a nice Salmon Wrap. EXPENSIVE! But very delicious. Walked around and looked at a lot of shops. As I walked I passed a cafe, and my boss waved at me through the window so I went in to talk with him. He asked how everything was going, and all that good stuff.Real nice guy. It will be a sad day when he leaves. He informed me that the crew party in three weeks has booked me by the request of the crew. Flattering for sure! He said that no one came to him about it (though he would have liked if they had had),but he’ll set it up where I only play in the atrium for a couple hours, then at the crew party for a couple hours. He let me know that there was an internet cafe in Juneau that was 6 dollars for 8 hours of internet. SO I will be definitely doing THAT tomorrow! Especially since I have the day off. I’ll try to upload lots of pictures, and my stuff. Gotta play at 5. So I’m going to prepare my instruments!


1 comment:

  1. Pictures are beautiful! So those are mountains on the background, right? I wanna live in Canada!

    ReplyDelete