Saturday, July 25, 2009

1st gig


(The Atrium, the stage I play on. And the elevators in front of it.)

July 23rd, 12:31 AM

Well.. the meeting went really fast. I was showed a couple new places but that was about it. Went back to my room and hung around until I had to go to a Staff Meeting. I was introduced to everyone. Got to talk to a few new people. Pretty cool. I met my boss, and he’s a real cool guy.


After the meeting, I wandered around the ship, to find that we had already pulled out and had begun traveling. I didn’t feel it at all. So I went to the top to watch us travel. Very beautiful. Then I found the gym, the swimming pools, and the spa. Then I went to dinner in the crew mess. It was pretty good. Went back to my room, got redressed, and went to my gig where I was supposed to meet the soundman. Well, at 7:15 I figured he wasn’t coming so I plugged everything in and got it working. I was told that I couldn’t turn up too late, because the front desk was near there and such. So I tried to play quiet, but I managed to get to a good volume, and everyone was very impressed. My boss smiled and was excited. I talked with a girl who worked for the supper club. Her name was Marina. Nice girl. Then talked with a guy who was on vacation. Turned out he works for NBC and Universal. He gave me his card and asked for me to send him my music.


Then I finished the rest of the night. My boss came to talk to me and he said he liked my voice and liked that I interacted with the passengers. Afterwards, I packed up, and dropped my stuff off in my room, and went to the crew mess again, and they had good food again! The showband Piano Player came over and sat with me, and we got to talk. Then I came to my room, and here I am. Not much to do tomorrow. Get a name tag and um.. Sleep. Oh and play from 7:15 to 12.


1 comment:

  1. Now you can make a wish between 2 Marinas :)
    And you can get a free supper from time to time, which is even more COMFORTABLE (see the previous comment ;))

    ReplyDelete