Sunday, July 26, 2009

The day off, Crew party and some of today.

Well, yesterday was a pretty good day off. I tried to relax as much as possible. At some point during the day I managed to break my room key, so I had to jam stuff into my door so that I wouldn't have to call guest services to let me in everytime I left. I got some cool pictures off the boat last night, which I'll post next time I have high speed internet. It was very quiet where I usually play. There was a pianist there, but when he was done it was like a ghost ship.

I manged to go to the crew party, though I was extremely tired. I got there before anyone got there. It was in the Disco, which is a huge room with dance floor stuff, lots of lights, a big bar and all that. Within an hour it was filled with lots of workers partying it up. Unfortunately, I'm no good in those situations, especially if I don't know anybody. I also wasn't drinking so I couldn't fall in the flow. So about after an hour and a half of hip hop, second-hand smoke, and dry eyes, I headed back to my room and went to sleep.

I slept very well. When I woke up, I got a quick shower done, and as I was getting dressed there was a call for a general emergency drill. Since I'm new at it, I didn't realize they warn you first, before the drill starts and then wait 15 minutes for the alarms. So I rushed, got my life jacket and ran to my area.. No one was there, I bumped into a person from asia, and he was just as confused as I was. Then, a bunch of girls asked me confused if the drill had gone off because they were afraid they missed it. Then I got stopped by security saying it didn't start yet, and I needed my life jcket in my room before I could do the drill... So, I went back.. and waited. THEN it alarmed, and I found myself at the correct place. The drill lasted about an hour. My job was just to put on a life jacket and stand there. Some people had different stations to go to, but not me. Or the piano player beside me. I came to the conclusion that they think musicians can do music, and have limited abilities to save others. SOO... yep.

When that was done, I went to the Staff Mess and ate a BIG bowl of fruit, then went and got a new room key. I came back to my room and practiced some music stuff until my meeting at 12:30. It was supposed to take 4 hours to finish. We were done in an hour and 10 minutes. So.. that was very nice. Went BACK to my room and restrung the guitar, and watched some more Family Guy. I'm getting dangerously close to running out of clothes, and it's near impossible to get a washer and dryer anytime during a reasonable hour. (I'm told my best luck finding it is 3 am.) It's also Elegant night, so I get to wear my tux again. They got me scattered around, playing time wise. I play from 5:15-6, 7:30 to 8:30, and 9:30 until it's not busy anymore. Lots of nice breaks. Surprisingly though, I haven't gone to my room once with a sore voice. I sing the same intensity I always have, but I feel good. So that's good news! The guy I replaced left because of voice problems and it hurting a lot.

Well, I guess I'm going to get ready in my tux. I found it interesting also, that sunrise is 4:39 AM here and Sunset is 10:59. I'm very happy that my room has no window. It's pitch black when I turn the lights off all times of the day. Very easy to sleep.

Okie, OUT! Write tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Are there any other limited abilities about musicians? :)Seriously, I'm glad you're happy there with everybody new around. You really should start writing memos to you to your grad-grand kids. Don't show them my comments, though :) But you know: that's my way to show my...best feelings :)

    ReplyDelete