Thursday, July 30, 2009

The 2nd Week.

Well yesterday was the start of a new cruise. I got up early thinking I had orientation... but I actually had it today... Woopps.. So I walked around the ship and listened to Jim, the other acoustic guy, Saw Marina, and spoke with her for about 2 minutes, and said I was going to try that supper club Saturday. I played at 5 to 6 in the Atrium. Got a good group going, but then and left to eat dinner and everything else, and played in the Piano bar from 9-12ish. People scurried in and out, since it’s the first day, so it wasn’t very busy. However, I did get to meet someone who worked on the preproduction of a Goo Goo Doll CD.... TALK ABOUT FREAKING AWESOME!! Really cool guy. I’m sure I’ll run into him again soon.


Met a 16 year old guy named Tyler. He was from LA. He looked like he was 23. Big music buff. Played guitar and all that. Pretty cool. I went for a late pizza snack, and then went to bed, to wake up this morning for a lifeboat drill. I felt like I knew what I was doing, and managed to help a lot of passengers in the process. So, I feel more confident about it now. Afterwards, I went to Orientation, which really was just like a “welcome to carnival” kind of thing, here’s some trainee videos on how to smile, react to bombs, sexual harassment, medical, and alcohol abuse.


And now I’m uploading pictures. I finally got my computer working on the network. I play the piano bar tonight 8- late. My voice feels a lot more recovered. Yesterday it was a little sore from the last night... Because I was so into it.


Well, I’m off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment