Saturday, July 25, 2009

1st day




Well, after sleeping 7 hours in the very comfortable bed, I was renewed. Though I woke up earlier than I intended, because my body is used to waking me up around 10, I had to get up. Got a chance to email some friends, shower, get dressed, and look as presentable as possible.


As I carried my crap downstairs, I checked out in about thirty seconds, because Carnival covered the bill. I got in a shuttle (a van with a driver and I) and he asked lots of questions of the gig and told me what he had heard about it. We got to drive through the heart of Vancouver which is VERY nice. Then we pulled up to port. I struggled with all my junk, went through a metal detector, and my stuff got scanned. I managed to get a cart, and I went searching for an area of where I could board the ship. After 10 minutes of waiting, I found it, but wasn’t sure if I should get on because customers were leaving. So I waited a bit... and longer... and longer. Then I just boarded.


Went up, and filled out a health sheet, and got all my stuff scanned. As I was doing so I met a man named Pat, the person I was filling in for while he was gone. He was a real cool guy, and explained the gig to me. He said I’d be fine. Turns out I have Saturdays off, so that’s pretty awesome. I play most nights 7:15 to 12 am, with breaks included. I also saw the room I’d be playing in. It’s the real nice room they show on the website with the beautiful elevators. (Picture included!). I met another soloist musician who was playing there. I sat next to his father and we talked about the gig.Very cool.


But anyways, after I boarded, I had to go to the near bottom of the ship and fill out my contract and other info. Found out they give you free seasickness medicine, asprin, CONDOMS! and ya know.. other stuff.


I got to my room and it was larger than I thought. A nice size bed, a big desk, a tv, a nice size closet, a bathroom where I can shower, go to the bathroom and brush my teeth all at once. It’s just slightly smaller than my college dorm, but I think I’ll really enjoy it!


I walked around the decks and took some pictures. Pretty awesome sites.


Well.. I gotta a meeting to run to, to learn about everything. Then I start playing tonight at 7:15!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how COMFORTABLE! In all the possible meanings! and you know WHAT I MEAN...lol!

    ReplyDelete