Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wed. August 12th

Today, I slept in until 11 am. I didn’t set any alarms, so that I could get all the sleep my body wanted. Showered up, and went to lunch. They didn’t have much that I liked so I ordered a cheeseburger.

Afterwards I went up to get a Caper from the atrium, and I saw that Colleen was working. So I went over and said hello, and chatted for a few minutes, since we didn’t talk yesterday. I got her some goldfish from the bar, since she hadn’t eaten and wasn’t going to be able to until 5. As she got a customer, I backed off and saw an entertainment girl wearing a “just ask” shirt. These are the people that passengers ask questions when in doubt. So I took it upon myself to be a smartass and walked over to her and asked “How many fish are in the ocean?” She guessed a billion, but then I had to bring her my reasoning how that couldn’t be true, because there are 6 billion people on the planet.. and a lot of us eat fish... And a billion.. well.. I just think we’d eat through that in a day. I suggested she ups her guess to the trillions.

We started talking, and found out she’s from Idaho. Once again, I was a smart ass. I asked “where are you from?” and she said “Idaho.” I said “Ummm.. That’s neat but that doesn’t answer my question.” I think she rolled her eyes, and I said “Yeah.. I’m sure you’ve heard that a million times.” Her name is Jenn. She was valedictorian at her college of Boise State University... So I’m guessing she’s a brain. What she’s doing on a ship, I haven’t a clue. But we talked about the ship, her home, and her plans. I asked a lot more questions than she did. She probably wasn’t interested... and was bored with my info. So I left her alone after a bit. (Sometimes I can be a little forward with knowing people.. and it tends to bug smart people... From experience.)

I went back to my room, and practiced some music. I walked back to the atrium and saw a blonde spa girl sitting at a table. I went over and introduced myself since I was feeling social. Her name was Debbie. She was from England and she gave massages. We talked about her job, and I found out it’s all commission.... Which kind of sucks because this particular cruise isn’t the most popular of things to do on board... But she was real cool. She’ll be around for 2 and a half more months. I told her I’d come get a massage sometime.

Then made a couple phone calls to a couple friends. Jenn at some point sat down near me and made a phone call as well. I gave a little hello, but now I gotta play the whole “yeah I see ya, but I’m not going to start the convo,” attitude. If she wants to talk, then she will, and all my other accusations will be proven wrong!

I got playing at 5 in the Atrium, and had a.. quiet time. A lot of people around, not too many paying attention.. But then I managed to fill the bar up. Afterwards, I took my stuff to the piano bar, and saw that the jazz band was playing, so I watched them for the rest of their set.

Then went to dinner with them. Hung out at the mess for over an hour. Then went to my room, listened to music until 8:30, went to the shanghai bar, got set up. I saw Nunik there. We both predicted it would be a dead night, because.. well the first night is usually the worst. But within a couple hours it was really busy and I had a lot of traffic inside. I had a lot of fun.

Amanda got off work at 11, so she came by and requested song after song. She was very bossy, which made all the passengers again think we were dating. She even went and got dressed up real nice and came back. Today I found out she had an interview with CNN over the phone and passed the first interview. She has a follow up Friday.

I came back to my room and I think I’m going to go to sleep. Drill at 9:30 tomorrow... Gross...

No comments:

Post a Comment