Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cool stuff!

Yesterday ended up being a pretty cool day! I woke up at 10 to find my power was fixed. I ventured out around the ship and saw Colleen for a second, and then went into town looking for a hardware store. There were none in the immediate area, so I decided to wait until Juneau to get the fuses. When I got back on the ship, I checked my email and found that I had a couple from my good friend Amanda. She mentioned that AG, the head of the site the goo goo dolls contest I'm in, was trying to get ahold of me. So I called her and caught up with her since we hadn't spoken on the phone in months.
Then I called Nick and got filled in on his business. He applied to be an audio architect at Muzak. I filled him in on my royalty business, and got him excited. Afterwards, I searched my spam folder and found the email from AG, so I emailed him back and a few moments later I received an email from him saying:

"They thought you did awesome, and declined even picking a second place "band". The goos enjoyed your version of cant let it go so much, that, because of you, they have decided to add it back into their setlist at some point for the upcoming tour. Pretty high compliment dude.


If you go to a show on the upcoming tour let me know, we'll put you on the meet and greet list.


Great job derek..hang in there man and never give up."


So that definitely got me excited and I called all my closest friends. Afterwards, I pretty much had a the typical gigs. Non-responsive crowd in the Atrium, and a nice little bunch in the piano bar. I went to bed soon after because I had to be up at 8 this morning to wear the Bear Mascot suit for 3 hours for 50 bucks. Though I was very animated, it was rainy and wet and it wasn't a very pleasant experience. Water got into my feet paws, and it began getting colder which made it more miserable and a lot of people didn't want to hug me because the costume fur was so wet.

The first hour was a little crappy because It was hot and I felt a little sick in the thing. After that it was pretty laid back.

Afterwards, I went to lunch with Bryan, Megan and their boss. Then I came into town looking for a hardware shop but still can't find it. I located it online, so now I'm about to head that way!

After I record for a bit, I'm supposed to have a movie night with Colleen. Watch some Family Guy, and the Dark Knight, since she hasn't seen it. I like breaking people of their Dark Knight virginity. I have taken 5 :)


Okie, I'm off!


2 comments:

  1. YAY ME!!!! glad u found the email and that u are so awesome that goo wants to meet you.

    also, i watched dark knight for the first time yesterday. v.i.o.l.e.n.t

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1 more: I watched it only after you mentioned it in some conversation.
    I agree with the Goos: really nice job! 100%!
    I have bear's paws with rubber feet, rain proof. Want some for next time? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete