Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fun stuff

This morning, I woke up at about 9 o’clock. Took a shower, shaved and all the stuff that comes with that. I figured I’d call Colleen after 10, incase she was sleeping in. So when I did call, she sounded like she just woke up, but she said she’d call and we’d meet at 11.

So, at 11 we met up and boarded the lifeboat that took us to shore. She’d never been in the town so I was her tour guide per say. We walked around and talked about lots of random stuff. Went into a electronic store. I found that the 7th season of Family Guy is out, which I was not aware of... Sooo.. Now I really want it. Found out she likes Family Guy a lot.. and CSI.

After that we looked around a diamond shop... Lots of things were 25% off.. but I had nothing to compare that too since they don’t show the prices. We walked a little further just to see some of the town, and then we came across a Subway!! So we went there. It was the craziest thing though. They make such a deal about the 5 dollar foot longs at home. Well... they had the same advertisement paper up.. except instead of the 5, it was the 7 dollar footlong... We decided to get two footlong subs and we’d just split them, so we could try them both out. I got philly cheese steak, and she got the tuscan chicken sub. They were both delicious, but the philly cheesesteak was definitely awesome. I had hollipinos put on it... Bad mistake... SOOO HOT. But we chatted about lots of stuff, and then we headed back to board the ship since she had to be at work by 2.

I walked her to room, and came to notice I locked myself out of my room (left my card key inside.) So I went up to guest services, and they told me to call room services. As I was walking back from there, I bumped into Colleen again, as she was on her way to work there. Explained the situation, then went down and called room services. They sent a person over, and I got in. I restrung my guitar, and just decided to take an hour and a half nap since I was supposed to play a private party at 5:15.

At 5, I walked to go get set up. In the middle of setting up, Gerhard came to me, and said I was double booked, but he wanted me to play in the Deco lounge instead. So I moved all my stuff over to the deco lounge to play in front of 2 people up until the last 2 songs.. Then I got the whole room filled.

Afterwards, I dropped the stuff off in the piano bar, and bumped into the jazz band. I ended up going to dinner with Jeff and Gabe. Gabe dissappeared after a few seconds, but I sat with Jeff, and then Milan joined us, as well as Megan. Apparently Megan missed work this morning, because she didn’t hear her three alarm clocks, the two phone calls or the two visits by security knocking. She partied kind of hard last night. She came to the realization that she has a problem. She could possibly be fired. Sad news.. Keeping my fingers crossed that that isn’t true.

After dinner, I worked on my poster for the piano bar with Gerhard. Then went, got set up, and played a long night. But I managed to fill the bar up tonight. It was a lot of fun. During my one and only break, and I went and visited Colleen at work. Just said hi.. haha.. Wasn’t much to it. Then talked with Milan about him getting a new mac.

So I played until 1 (totaling up the time I played, I managed 5 and a half hours, not including breaks. Made 32 dollars in tips. It was a good night. Neil was definitely hyping me up tonight. Gotta give him a lot of credit for helping me out. He said it’s a shame he’s leaving ‘cause we’d be good friends. He also said he’d hype me up to everyone at home.

After the gig, I’m just coming home to pass out. Got life raft drill tomorrow.. 10:15... oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment