Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Saying Goodbye

What a sad night this has become. My day started with a 5 minute drill... Afterwards, went to lunch and ate a cheeseburger with my boss. After that, I went to my room, and watched the movie “Live Free or Die Hard.” Really cool movie. I’ve seen it multiple times. Afterwards, I took a game up to Edwuardo at the Atrium. He just got a new PSP with no games.. so I thought I’d let him borrow one. I saw Colleen at the help desk. I waved, since she looked busy. Then I went to my room and napped until my gig at 5. I played in the deco lounge. It was a moderate crowd. They were quite but clapped after each song.
After that, I took my stuff to the piano bar, went to dinner, then went back to my room to burn some CDs to sell. Went up to the bar, and started fooling around with some songs while no one was in watching. At about 8:25, a woman came in and started listening. She asked for 90’s music for the most part. Then she went on to tell me that her and her husband were fighting and are probably going to divorce after this cruise. She said this was their last real try at making things right but it just didn’t work. Then he walked in the room.. talk about awkward.
She said she’d be back later, so I took my break until 9:30. Neil showed up around 10, and then I had a nice moderate crowd throughout the evening. Mel came by to buy a CD. I managed to sell 13 of them. I met a woman named Kelley, who was a very gorgeous woman, and singer. Turns out she was 43... I wouldn’t have guessed anything over 29. She sang along a lot, and was real cool. She performs for a living as well.
By the end of the night, it was Dean, Rich, Neil, and Hilary (the girl I thought was Neil’s girlfriend.) Hilary was goodbye to everyone, and gave us all a hug. The guys wanted me to go to disco with them, so I went to my room to drop off my stuff, and on my way there, they were all walking back. They said it was closed, so we all went up to the lido deck to talk and eat pizza. We had some great talks about girls, work, life and all that stuff. Then it came to the goodbyes. It was really weird, because I really felt like I got to know these guys well. Like enough to be friends I’d hang with on a daily basis. So it was sad to say goodbye. It was like highschool or college graduation. They all complimented me many times and said they would help promote me, and they know I’ll make it soon. Hopefully I’ll run into all of them sometime in the future. They made this cruise a blast.
Well, It’s late. I’m going to sleep IN tomorrow!! No alarm will wake me!

No comments:

Post a Comment