Friday, August 28, 2009

SEASICKNESS SUCKS!

Two nights ago, I ended the night with my gig, and had a couple from Australia listening, and another couple from the US. They requested lots of songs I had which was a nice thing.mI always feel bad when I don’t know songs people request. I made 30 dollars in tips! When I got back to my room I found myself to be pretty hungry so I went to the crew mess. On the way there, I saw I was walking behind Colleen and her two coworkers. Colleen noticed me and asked if I was stalking her. I told her no, and kept walking. I was pretty tired at that point.

I got my cinnamon toast crunch and ate, and she and her coworkers sat with me, and they talked about lots of girl stuff I wasn’t paying attention too. After that, I went to bed for the night.

Yesterday morning, I woke up to the safety drill we had, so I went upstairs to my spot, and I had to open the door and hold it for people to come out. It was a gorgeous morning. Not a cloud in the sky, and snow on the mountains. It truly was a wonderful sight. Afterwards, I went to bed for another hour nap. When I woke up I noticed the boat was moving a little more than usual.

I went to get food for lunch, and came back to my room. I started to feel a little sea sick so I started chewing my ginger gum. Then I took Dramamine, and then put the ear liquid stuff behind my ears. It started to get worse, so I laid down for a bit. It got closer to the time when I was supposed to play, so I tried to call my boss. He didn’t answer. I called James, and he informed me Peter was on stage.

I laid down again quickly, because I was beginning to feel the puking sensation. My phone rang a few moments later. I figured it was the bar asking me where I was, but to my surprise it was Colleen. She asked how I was, and I let her know I was feeling sea sick. She said she figured since she hadn’t seen me all day. She gave me Chris’s number (cruise director) and he told me to go to the infirmary.

I was half dressed in my tux, because I wasn’t sure if they were going to make me work (I would have thrown up if I had had too.) The place was pretty busy, with seasickness people. The seas were the roughest they had ever been. Many times an hour, I could feel the boat come out of water like a jet-ski, sending everybody on the ship into a free fall, before crashing into the water, which sounded like a fist punching in the walls of the whole ship. It was absolutely awful.

They asked me what meds I took and all that and I informed them, and within 2 minutes, they had my pants dropped and gave me a shot in the butt-ox. They then sent me to get my ID, but before I could leave, the ship jumped water again, and my stomach started preparing for vomiting. The nurses told me to go to my room and lay down and bring the ID back later. I ran to my room, untied shoes, and half dressed tux and all, and landed in my bed. Passing out hard.

I woke up after a couple hours to bring my ID to the nurses. My stomach didn’t hurt as bad, but I was VERY tired. The nurse told me I couldn’t play that night because the medicine was going to keep me extremely drowsy for the following 12 hours. I went to my room and fell asleep again.

Many times through out the night, the boat jumped harder and harder into the water, making crashing noises, and throwing stuff around in my room. It was miserable. When I did manage to sleep peacefully I woke up at 11:50. I slept for 17 hours.

I showered and went to lunch. Peter was there, and I talked with him. Turns out everyone was seasick yesterday. Even people who claimed they never get sea sick. They told me passengers weren’t walking about late either, so there probably wouldn’t have been people at the show. So I felt better about that.

Right now I still feel tired from all that medicine that was injected in me. I’m gonna try to move around. Write soon!


ALSO I found out I don’t have to leave the ship for a week. Pat, the person I am filling in for will come back the 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment