Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day off, and the Supper Club

Today was my day off. A VERY uneventful day. I got up at around 9, and about 10 minutes later, a drill was called for port manning (the members that had to stay on ship while in port.) I got my bright green hat, and life jacket and headed to the area that my emergency card told me to go. When I arrived, I was met by one of the security officers with a sheet of paper to sign. Afterwards, he said “thank you” and I went back to my room to drop my stuff off, and went to get lunch. While I was in the middle of eating my fruit bowl, an announcement was made for the port manning to meet in the piano bar. SO, I had to ditch my meal and went up for the 10 minute meeting. The top security officer described what port manning was, checked our cards and let us go.

On my way out, I saw Amanda and her boyfriend. They were checking the ATM machine both to notice they got paid (via direct deposit.) After they left the ship to go see Juneau, I checked the ATM as well, to find I got paid for 5 days of work during the pay period. So there was a nice 500 dollars in there. So I quickly went to my room, paid off a credit card, and other little bills.

Afterwards, I watched the movie “Hook”, and managed to get my laundry done (which is usually a very hard thing to do due to the amount of people there are sharing the little amount of washers and dryers.) But on Juneau day, most people go into town because it’s the 2nd nicest (against Vancouver).

As 6 o’clock got closer, I got dressed up in kaki pants, a dress shirt, and a tie, and I went to the Supper Club (the very luxurious restaurant at the top of the ship.) I was greeted by a couple girls that I had seen in front of the Atrium Elevators promoting the supper club. I was sat down by a window which showed nice snow mountains.

My appetizer was a crab cake, which was presented very nicely and tasted amazing. The whole feel was like cuisine. Second, I got a Caesar salad, with anchovies. THEN, I was brought the entrée, which was a huge lobster tail, delicious steak, with some sauteed mushrooms and asparagus. It was soo good. For desert, I was given 4 small cups of different deserts. THEN I was given a truffle desert from the chef.

The bill was 30 dollars. It was great service, awesome food, 5 star quality. I was very VERY impressed. You can’t get food like this anywhere else for 30 dollars. No less than 60 in most places. It will be something I’ll do from time to time as a relaxer. When I acquire tips and such.

Afterwards, I headed back to my room, and am just taking it slow tonight. Just watching some movies, and hanging in my room. Tomorrow, I got work 5-6, then 9 til late.. SO until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment