Monday, August 17, 2009

Best tip night so far!

Yesterday ended up being very uneventful. When I got back to my room from doing all the stuff in town, I went and laid down for a nap. Within a few minutes, someone knocked at my door, and it was the drummer of the showband asking if he could switch me in for Port Manning for a couple hours so he could go into town. I agreed, and went back to sleep. I got a phone call at 3, and it was Colleen. I informed her that I couldn’t get off the boat for the movie. I apologized and went back to sleep. At around 7ish, I went up and made a phone call and went back to my room, and watched movies. At about 11ish, I wrote a song which I hope to record in the coming days.
I went to bed, and slept until 9. I got up and watched another movie, showered, put laundry in the washer, and saw Amanda in there. So me and her went and got Leighton and went and ate lunch. After chatting and eating for about a half hour, we went back to the laundry and waited. At one point, Nunik came in (the bartender at the piano bar for the next week and a half.) We talked for a bit... Then I went back to my room and practiced some new songs like “On the Road Again,” “American Pie”, “Sitting at a bar”, and “Imagine.”
Got my clothes out of the dryer afterwards, put them away, and practiced more. Then watched “Click.” Afterwards, got dressed in my tux, and went and played a set in the atrium. It went by fairly quick and was a decent crowd. Dropped my stuff off at the piano bar and then went and ate some dinner. Decided to go back to the guest services desk and talk with Colleen and apologize for not going to the movie. She didn’t go, and said there’s always next time. Roxanne, another girl that I’ve seen before hanging with Colleen (she was also the girl to tell me to say hi to her in the crew party a few days ago,) is being moved to the Pride on Wednesday. Her and I haven’t had much of a conversation before but she said the next few days are going to be “party hard” days.
Amanda walked down and asked if I had dinner, and though I said I did, I went with her just to give her company. We talked and joked about lots of stuff. Leighton leaves in under two weeks, and I said “Are you trying to get me in the picture now so that when Leighton leaves, I just fill the void he’d be leaving and you have a replacement boyfriend?” She said yes jokingly...
After dinner, I went back to the room and took a nap. Got up and went to the piano bar, and started getting set up. Within a few minutes of nine, the bar was packed, and it became the busiest it has ever been with me in there. I made 96 dollars in tips. I spoke with a gentleman who said he was so impressed with my playing, especially the Piano Man on guitar. He told me he had a custom Les Paul from ’68, and that he might send it to me because he thinks I could make good use out of it. I hope that’s true!
Rachel, a passenger who worked for myspace, that had been to see me a couple times before was hanging around tonight. After my gig, her and I had a chat about lots of stuff. Her job, the lay off, her dad, boyfriend, my songwriting and such. Then we went and got pizza. I got Salmon pizza. Pretty damned good. And we went out on the back of the ship. It was FREEZING and raining. The boat was rocking a lot!
I told her I’d hang out tomorrow night after the gig if she wanted too. It has been a really great cruise this round. I was told again tonight I was hands down the best entertainer on the ship. So.. all good stuff. Tomorrow is Ketchikan. I think I’m going to see Walmart. It’s 3:34... gotta sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment