Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Aug. 8th

Today, I woke up at 9:30... and I still felt like I needed more sleep. But I forced myself to get up and take a shower and go into town. I went straight to the internet cafe, which wasn’t open for another 20 minutes. So, I just walked around, and called Nick and checked in on him. Afterwards, I saw my boss outside the internet cafe, I let him know about the night before, and he told me to keep playing when a customer asks me to break.

I went inside, and checked all the internet stuff, and bought a bunch of new songs to learn for the new sets. 18 to be exact. I chatted with some friends, ate some enchaladas for lunch, and headed back to the boat. On my way, I was listening to music on my Ipod, and i got a hard hit to the arm, and i thought I had accidentally hit someone. Turned out to be Colleen. But by the time I realized she was too far away to say anything. Before I got to the boat, I called my dad and filled him in on stuff.

So, I got on the ship. and worked on getting a track together for “Viva la Vida.” Practiced through some of the new songs. Then took an hour nap, went and ate dinner. Went up stairs to the atrium to let Colleen know I didn’t see her when we were walking. Then invited her to go to something tonight. She said she’d be available around 10:30,. I talked with Milan, the piano player about recording and Mac Computers. He’s looking into getting one, and he asked me lots of questions..

Afterwards I went to my room and practiced more and more, until 10:30ish, and I called Colleen. Her, a couple of her co-workers and I went to the crew bar and we just sat and talked for awhile. They had a couple drinks. Colleen isn’t a big drinker, which is nice. Amanda showed up a little later with Brian. She said she tried calling me about going out. Gabe (the showband guitar player) came over and talked with me. He asked if I’d be up for doing a few songs together during one of my sets, which I agreed too. We all just hung around.

Then it got late, and we all walked back to our rooms. And now I have a bad headache and I’m going to sleep .

No comments:

Post a Comment