Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sitka and the Crew Party (cool movie title)

After 4 hours of sleep, my alarm woke me up at 8 am. Took the shower, and went to the safety class. It was pretty much what I’ve been learning all along. It was about 2 and a half hours. But it was pretty cool. Joanne and Simon taught it well and it was fun, so it wasn’t bad.

Afterwards, I went to my room, and gave Colleen a call about going to Sitka. When we got to the line to get on the lifeboat to ride to town, it was HUGE! And they were taking their sweet ass time letting us off. We sat in line for 20 minutes before they let anyone of the crew on there. Passengers had been allowed to get on since early that morning... Soo.. After 45 minutes of waiting, we finally managed to get on and ride to town.

We went to the electronic store to get Family Guy, Volume 7... But OF COURSE.. they didn’t have it.. Or Madden 10 for psp.. But I guess that’s expected in Alaska.. I’m sure they get stuff later than the other states.

We went to Subway again and got two philly cheese steaks this time, and um.. orange juice. Then we headed back to the ship, and we parted to take naps. I slept until 4:30, went and got a coffee to wake up, then went to play my 5-6 gig. It was busy.. took a few songs to really warm up.. Then I was feeling good.

When I finished up, I came back to watch “Me, Myself, and Irene.” I took another hour nap, and went to play at the piano bar, which only had a few people up until 11:20, then people showed up, but I had to break down at 11:30 , and run to the crew bar.

James had set up the speaker and stuff for me. The cruise director, Chris was there, as was a lot of the crew... Already drinking and ready to go. I got off to a great start with all the upbeat popular songs I knew. It was VERY hot. Two people got me two liter bottles of water. After a few songs, Chris (the bass player) came up and played with me, and then Gabe came in on the guitar. We jammed on many songs and it really was a great time. The most fun I’ve had performing yet. Gabe, Chris and I talked about possibly putting together a little band. I brought it up to Gerhard (though he’s leaving in a few days) but he thought it’d be a great idea to do an hour set a couple times a cruise. So I’ll talk to the guys and the new MD and see if we can pull that off.

AFTER all of that, I helped James broke down, and I went to my room and slept.

I woke up this morning at around 10:20... I did NOT want to wake up. I checked my account and my first paycheck was in. 1436 dollars. Slightly more than the 700 a day.

I grabbed a hot and a raincoat, and ran into town. I had Mcdonalds for lunch since I haven’t had it in over 3 and a half weeks. It was good.. but it wasn’t as great as everyone seemed to make it out to be.

I came to the internet cafe afterwards, and am just looking around online. I walked through the electronic store here.. Everything’s about 5% over what it is in the continental US. Lots of used PCs and Macs, video games, Bose speakers, car stereos and ipods. Nothing of value to me.

Got Gerhard’s email and number while I was sitting here and chatted with him, and that’s about it right now.

As of yesterday I was supposed to go see G.I Joe with Colleen.. but as of now I haven’t really talked with her about it, so I might just hang in my room tonight and some some good needed rest. I played until about 3 AM last night..


So.. until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment