Monday, September 7, 2009

Songs, coffee, website back up, and more songs.

Two nights ago, I went through my gigs. It was a rather quiet night. After I finished up, I visited Yulia, (because she was on the way to my room). I went to my room, and paid to get my website up. I’m going to work hard on it to get it up to date, and maybe offer some songwriting services for bands, artists, producers, and possibly gifts.

I went to bed, but tossed and turned and had a lot of weird stuff on my mind. From people at school, to people I just met; what I’ll be doing after school and other things like that. I finally fell asleep after about an hour.


Yesterday morning, I woke up, and got started on writing the dd 31 song. After about an hour, I finished writing it. I went up and called my dad, and texted a few friends, then went downstairs and started tracking my song. After a few hours, I took a break from it, and showered up, and talked with some friends on facebook. Then I went back to working on the song, and finished it, then I got dressed in my suit, not my tux this time. Got up to go play.

When I got to my stage, a photographer was set up to take pictures at it. And he was going to be there until the end of the night. So I searched out someone with the approval to tell me what to do. I bumped into Marc, and I let him know the situation. He said he’d let Chris know, and so I went and dropped my stuff off in my room and went to eat dinner. I met a new girl named Anna from Belarus. I hadn’t seen her before, and the reason being because she joined the ship two day ago. So we chatted a bit, and I ate my sandwich. Eventually Peter showed up in a hurry. He asked if I could play in the Deco instead (because he knows how much I hate that particular room) which was fine. In the end, he’s the boss, and I’d do it anyway. But I agreed. So I only had to play 3 hours today. I listened to George Carlin, and wrote the blog as I wait to go to my gig at 7:30.


The deco wasn’t too bad. Greg and Jill hung out which made the transition easy. I went to see Eric, the piano player with Greg and Jill. Chatted with Eric a bit, and went back to finish out the night. Got to play over an hour of original music for a couple. Then, I got a mocha, got my computer, and continued work on my website. I got paid for the third song, so I’m all caught up. I went back to my room afterwards, and watched some of king kong. I fell asleep, and woke up at 10, showered, and continued more work on the website. I called in an appointment for a haircut, and now I’m about to write a new song for myself. So... here I go!


www.derekdaisey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment