Saturday, September 5, 2009

Moving Along

After the gig that night, I met up with Colleen and went to see the comedian, who was pretty funny. Then she went to bed, and I went back to my room and played games! THEN, I went to sleep. I woke up at 12:30.... Pretty late... but there wasn't much to do because we weren't docked at Juneau until 2. So, I ate lunch, signed up for skydiving, then played more games. At 2:30, I checked my phone messages and saw that Nick had called three times. So, I caught up with him, and found out what's going on in his life. Lots of stuff. He's moving out of NC. But, due to the circumstances I won't say where he's going. But he's doing good, which was nice to hear.
Then Colleen and I went to see The Final Destination... which was the same premise of a movie as the first two.. They relied heavily on computer effects which kinda becomes fake for me. Afterwards, she went off with her friends, and I came back and called Felicia from school, and talked for a long while. Then, I got a banana split from the coffee shop, and chatted with Yulia for a bit. Then I decided to be productive, so I went back to my room and tracked and recorded the acoustic song in 3 hours. Most of the time was just me fooling around trying to get cool acoustic riffs going.
Afterwards, I did some research on band logos, because I really need to get one, and get my website back up. So, I emailed a site that specializes in both website design and logo creation. Then I headed off to bed.

This morning I woke myself up at 10, and took a shower, went to eat lunch. Colleen and a co-worker walked in and asked me to sit with them. Looking out the window the glacier in Glacier bay was right beside the ship. Absolutely beautiful. SO I ran up to take some pictures. Afterwards, came down to my room to check to see if I got paid for the song, and I found I pronounced a couple cities names wrong. So I rerecorded those, and sent them off. Got a reply from the website about the logos, and said they could do it by the 14th, which I gave them the thumbs up, and now I'm going to start writing the next song. I play 5-6, 7:15 to 8:15 and 9:30- 11:30. So.. here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment