Friday, September 11, 2009

Crazy Nightmare

The gig went over pretty well. I was essentially background music until the end. Then Boat Drill went underway, and I got my lifejacket, and hat and went to my position. On my way there, Peter stopped me and said I had a liferaft thing tomorrow AT 10:30 AM.
After drill, I went to the meeting, which was short, but I did find that there were over 300 australians onboard, most of which were staying from now until the end of the first Hawaiian cruise. That’s 19 DAYS! They’re going to be so sick of us by then. We were told traveling agents try to package it as a 19 day cruise of new stuff.. But it’s really just two cruises.
I went to break down my stuff afterwards, and ate dinner. Then I got online to talk with some friends.
After awhile, I went back to my room and decided to watch a movie. I had bought “Meet Joe Black” from the 5$ section in walmart, and I hadn’t seen it yet, so I put it in. It was a very good movie. I enjoyed it a lot. Unfortunately it took until 2 am to finish it. After which, I went to bed immediately.

I woke up at 9:50 and got ready quick, and went up to the drill. Once again, I couldn’t hear anything because of the large fan above us. It was rather quick, and I went back to my room and napped until 11:30. Jeff came over and we talked about songwriting, lyrics, and all that. Then I went to lunch.
Came back to my room after and put in “Super Bad.” I paused it midway through and fell asleep.
In my dream, I remember images of me going crazy and destroying everything in my room and bathroom. Then I broke something on my electric guitar. I got off the ship and it was terribly late. I saw a passenger in this music store right off of the ship. Strangely enough, the music store was the one I won the gift certificate for. I was very confused by it. It was merged with a gas station, but the whole building was made out of logs and wood. Lots of Star Wars Toys and Batman stuff in it. The passenger said she wanted to buy me a gift so she bought my strings for me. As we were coming back to the ship, the whole place outside was covered in snow, and I decided to go for a drive. I saw some car, and got in it. But then I noticed the road started to look like Plantations road. The car spun out of control, but by then I realized it was a dream. So I wasn’t worried if I crashed, which I did. I woke up, and looked at the clock, and saw that it was 8:02... which meant it was 9:02 PM, which meant I was 4 hours late for my gig! No messages were left, but I jumped up quickly, very disarranged from the dream, and looked around for my suit, and opened the bathroom door, The bathroom was completely destroyed. The handles were busted off, the mirrors were smashed, and then I started to question if I had done all that stuff while I was awake. I started to panic. I tried to think of how I could explain it to my boss. THEN I woke up again. In a cold sweat, and it was only 3:38... It was all only a dream. But it freaked me out.
So I got my stuff together, showered, got my suit. The ship was in a storm and I think that’s what simulated the car driving feeling in the dream. I got my suit on, and got some sea sickness meds, just in case. I took them and went and set up. It’s been a rather quiet night. I’m feeling pretty tired, but looking forward to my day off tomorrow. Plus, tonight the clocks go back an hour, so I’ll get that extra hour of sleep. Plus the Steelers won today!! 13-10 to the Titans. A first in a long time.
Anyways, gotta go play!

No comments:

Post a Comment