Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finished the song

Within an hour I wrote a new song called “The Other Side.” I went and played my shows for the night, and at one point mentioned the song, and writing it, and someone asked me to play it. So, I did, and it was receipted very well.
After the gigs, I hung out with Milan for a bit, since he leaves Wednesday, and we get a replacement piano player. We talked about recording, Macs, Music, school and other stuff.
Afterwards, I went back to my room, and went to bed.

The haircut came out good. A lot of people said I looked a lot younger.. which is good. I’m tired of people thinking I’m 30.

I woke up this morning at about 10, and I began recording my song. I got some cool ideas down. I managed to eat lunch, and do my laundry, but I got the song down about 60%. There’s a little bit more I want to do with it. I’ll try to do what I can tonight. Tomorrow, I play 12:30 to 5, so it will be full week since I’ve stepped foot on land. Which is fine.. I’m getting used to being on the ship, where it doesn’t bother me so much. I have a lot of work to do on my new music, and my website.
I have a killer headache tonight, which keeps coming back, and the crowd has been pretty cool. I managed to bump into Jeff, the piano player, and he wants me to run him through the process of what I do when I write songs. He says he has no problem writing music, it’s just the lyrics. I told him it takes a lot of practice, but we could go over it otherwise. Probably on our first sea day. Well, now I gotta go run and finish up my gig. Got two more hours to go, and then my room to finish up my song.

After the gig, I went to my room and I finished my song for the most part. I might go back and fix little things as I learn how to do them in logic. But.. it’s 3 am.. time to sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment