Sunday, September 13, 2009

My day for today :)

Last night, I went back to my room, and went to play my Batman Game. I ended up beating it. Great game though. I then put in “Hannibal” and watched that until 3 something. Then I went to sleep... to have dreams about Hannibal Lector and other stuff.
I woke up this morning at 11 am, and I checked my email to find I had a song order. They wanted it in the style of Elvis, and all the stuff they had for me to write was pretty much making fun of the guy. So, I listened to two Elvis songs, and I picked up my guitar, and wrote a blues chord progression in the Key of F, which took a total of 21 seconds. The lyrics came really fast. I had the song written in a half hour. I sang it like Elvis, and had a lot of fun with it.
I went to lunch and ate quickly, and ran back to my room to record the song. I finished recording it after a couple hours. Had a good funny sound too it. I made the guitars sound like the 50’s sound, and all that. I was real happy with it. I showered up and prepared for my gig.
I arrived at the Artist lounge, and got to setting up. I was feeling very social so I tried to converse with the Audience which went over very well. In fact most of my sets went over great. I had a great audience and I had a lot of fun. I went to dinner inbetween there, and had yogurt. Chatted with Doug, Glenn and Chris, the bassist. Glenn’s been calling me Matt Damon since I got my haircut. He asked me about my new movie.
After dinner, I went back up and talked with Agnes about my music, boys that have asked her out lately (most of which are phillipinos,) and her signing off in a month and a half. I went up to play again. I had an even greater crowd, and had a wonderful time. I got an apple strudel when I went on break. Eric, the piano player, came to the bar and we ended up talking for about an hour. Talked about music, recording, his career with cruise ships, touring with his brother, being at every state except for Delaware. Talked about girls, and dating passengers, and how to get away with it. All kinds of stuff! He hung around and requested a few songs, which he picked all songs that were on my list. He and I have the same kind of setlist. We both have a majority of the music from the 90’s.
I finished up my set, and spoke with Alex, the bar waiter. We talked about some music, and having my own room and how he hated me for that. Eric showed back up, and we talked about lots of guy stuff.
Eric and I went down to my room and we talked more about ship life, our bad experiences with passengers and all that. He’s a real cool guy. Cool to meet someone with the same interests and stuff. Sometimes you gotta just guy out.
I went to the crew bar to socialize... but there wasn’t anyone there... that I knew, or felt the need to meet. So I came back to my room. Now I’m going to bed!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAH! Elvis Daisey is having fun! I imagine you with that unforgetable roll of black hair :)
    "Love me tender, love me sweet..." :)I think you'd be SEXY! ;)

    ReplyDelete