Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Last Alaska Cruise begins.

I was a little vague for last night, just due to wanting to sleep. Working on a song will do that to ya. At one point last night, an older gentleman, probably in his 70s came up to me and told me I was the best music on the whole ship. He didn’t necessarily like all the songs I was playing (though he liked a bunch.. I think he was referring more to the new stuff), he said I had “the beat” that made people want to get up an dance. A lot of people through pout the week danced, so I guess I know what he was talking about. Ever yesterday, another 80 year old gentleman told me I played the only music worth dancing too on the whole ship.

I also have had people through out the week come in and listen to me do my 90’s thing and they love that, so it’s just a nice mix of music for everyone, and anyone can dance to it.

I was sad however, that I didn’t get to see Greg or Jill the last couple days. Not even to say goodbye. Hopefully they e-mail me, because they definitely made my job all the more enjoyable.

Last night was pretty dead towards the end. Most people were heading to the dancin’ disco. Kind of odd, because usually no one is in there, but the older crowd were eating it up. So for my last hour, I played for one woman, and eventually just broke into a dialog about her working for a newspaper in Houston, Texas. We talked about music, her website, and stuff like that, and I managed to finish 15 minute early. I went to my room and immediately got to work on the song. I worked on it straight until 3 am.

I passed out pretty quick, but had nightmares I woke up late and didn’t get to my gig on time, so of course I woke up a few times in worries.

Over my room intercom, Colleen made an announcement from guest services. I decided to just get up, which was about 9:40. I listened to the song, went and showered, and went out and got a caper. Hung out and chatted with the girls at guest services for a bit, then ate lunch. I had raisin bran, and yogurt.

For all those who don’t know, I LOVE Yogurt. I have a cup at every meal. It’s good too! A good brand. I think that will be one of the biggest things I’ll miss.

Also, last night I was talking with Peter about when I would be leaving the ship. I guess I’ll be going January 6th. His reasoning made sense. It would be pretty hard to get someone to come out here on the ship right before Christmas. So I said I’d stay until then. I’ll just have to rush a bit when I get home. I’ll get like a day to see family and friends, and then I’ll have to pack, and go to NC, and get moved in and start classes soon after. I hate to rush, but I could use the extra 2000 dollars.. so no complaining there.

Well, gotta go do my 12:30 to boatdrill gig. It’s like a day off to me, because I get the night off. Which is the time I like to do stuff. So... yep.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Healthy-life-style man! Good for you! :)
    That sucks that you won't be able to spend Christmas with your family (not to mention Russia :))! But if you think it's all right with you, then you're good.
    And I do like the new song! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete