Monday, September 14, 2009

My last Skagway and Ketchikan

Yesterday, I had to make my way out into town to get a couple nine volt batteries because my guitar cut out for a moment last night.. which made me think, dead battery. Before I left the ship, I stopped for a quick breakfast, and Megan walked in, and she went on about how we hadn't seen each other in over a week. She was going into town as well, so we went together.
We talked about lots of stuff, from Jeff wanting to talk to me about songwriting, and she showed me a song she wrote. I gave her my opinion and critiques. Which she said was useful.
We walked around town, and I took lots of pictures. We stopped into a grocery store, and I got some granola bars and stuff to stock up for the 5 sea days. Then her and I went to a pizza place and I got some king crab legs, and cheese fries. We took some more pictures, and headed back to the ship. I made a couple phone calls, and went and played. It was a good night of playing. Good people listening.
Afterwards, I finished breaking down stuff, spoke and took pictures with some of the people. One couple was from Vancouver, and the husband was an engineer. He had built guitars before. Nice couple. One man told me he went to school for Opera and classical music and he said I had it, and I have nothing to worry about in the music world.
I went to bed to get up in Ketchikan.

I got up, and got ready and went out to get an Iphone. With the amount of money I pay to use the slow internet on the ship, I could save money by just getting an iphone and using the unlimited data plan. So I went and got a 32 gb Iphone, and a small 450 minute plan with unlimited data. No texts.. My verizon phone will be for talking with family and friends at home, since all of them have Verizon. I took some pictures with it, and it puts down the exact location on a map where they were taken. It's a cool little gizmo.

Now I'm gonna work on some music for tonight, and call some people up!

No comments:

Post a Comment