Thursday, December 10, 2009

Under a month left to go!

The last couple of days have been somewhat uneventful. This cruise has a few people that care about the music I play but most of them are gone by 12:30. The last sea day before Acapulco, I had strange dreams and ended up sleeping away most of the day. I played my music, and messed with my loop pedal a lot. There were a lot of dead spots through out the performance, so I decided to stop singing to save my voice. I can’t get in trouble for it or anything. All the other guys do that. They just have full on tracks. The night ended at 12:45, and I went down to my room and got to sleep because I had a radio interview in the morning. Though I did check my facebook and found my dearest friend, Marina was denied a visa to come stateside for a year...

The alarm goes off at 8:30, and I just start watching The Office while I wait for my phone call. At around 9:45 I was concerned because there was no call, so I got online, and sure enough three emails from Amanda were waiting for me about how they couldn’t get through and they needed me to call them. So I did, but unfortunately the signal was so bad, that we had to postpone it until the next day. So, I hung out for awhile, and eventually called Felicia and talked with her for a bit.
After the conversation, I went out to Acapulco for some food. Got a couple gifts along the way. Went to a flea market where they give you free coke,beer, water, and other drinks. This guy Epi, showed me around.
After getting what I got, I went to the restaurant I ate at when I had lunch with Eric, Thomas and Claire last. I got some guacamole dip and some steak tacos. Very delicious.
Then I came back to the ship and got online and talked with a few friends for awhile.
Once I got off the internet, I decided to be productive, so I picked up the elctric guitar and started fooling around, coming up with a pretty neat guitar riff. 5 hours later, i had the whole song tracked minus words. I was very pleased with it. Couldn’t write lyrics so I went to bed since I had an interview the next morning... again.

I woke up at 8:30 and listened to the song again and started writing lyrics. I checked the internet several times to make sure there were no problems. Turns out it would be too expensive for them to call me, so I called them. The interview went over well, and it should be played soon. We talked about my album, crusin’, and other various things.
Then I continued working on the song.. until I was getting used to everything, so I turned it off and played some Sims 3 until a knock came at my door. It was Glenn ready to track his voice parts for our cartoon, so we did that. Went over well.
Then I ordered personal desk calendars for my family with some of my pictures in them.
During one of my breaks at my gig, I played darts with someone for the first time in my life, and I started off terribly. But sure enough it was neck and neck at the end, and I hit a bullseye and won!
After the gig, which was awesome, until after my last break. No one was there... I made 55 bucks in tips though. Neat stuff. I went to the crew party upstairs and talked with some friends like my boss Peter, Aaron, Noochie, Natalia, and Carrie.
Now I’m here! In my room! Watching the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment