Friday, December 4, 2009

Not much going on.

The last few days have been rather dull. The gigs have been rather dead, though I have managed to meet a few cool fans. A couple days ago, I ended up playing probably over an hour of my music straight. I gave a lot of my new stuff a chance, and wanted to test out the songs. I tested out stuff I hadn’t played in a few months, to stuff I’ve never tried live. I played “Fall”, “Fly Away Girl”, “Save My Life” “Day-Dreaming”, “Scissors and Razors”, “Unforgotten Memory”, “Film” “Ivy Tree” “Words of Love” and “Grounded”. I also managed to throw in a song I wrote when I was 15 called ‘Fell For Her Whisper’ just to demonstrate where the songwriting has come from.
The ladies listening really couldn’t wait to get their hands on the next CD. They came back the next night asking for some of the same songs which is cool. “Fly Away Girl” and “Grounded” were requested a bit, for their feel-goodness...
But aside from that, the last couple days consisted of writing a song for a customer, and getting two more orders I gotta work on. Last night after I got done playing, Noochie came over to hang for a bit. Put on “10 things I hate about you” and talked about lots of stuff about her. She lived in North Carolina for 2 years in Chappel hill as a nanny, and went to college on the side. She’s traveled a lot over the world. I asked her what she wanted to be, in which she had no idea. She pretty much said nothing. I just conveyed she hasn’t found what she’s passionate for yet.
After she left, I watched some of “Pay It Forward” and went to sleep. Now I’m gonna start working another order. Got a massive headache... San Diego Day tomorrow! And an apparent radio interview early next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment