Saturday, December 19, 2009

An Orignal Hour of Derek Daisey?

Yesterday was... eh. I woke up at 10 for the little boat drill thing. The 4th week in a row, which kinda sucks. I went to my room afterward and worked more on the cartoon. Around 2, I decided I needed to go out and get a big cardboard box for my speakers and recording equipment. So I got off the ship. As I was leaving, I saw Glenn coming back. So I told him what I was doing and he said I should just pick some up at garbage at the ship.
So I got back on the ship and went to the garbage room and picked up a couple smaller boxes... I took them back to my room and combined them to make a larger box, and started packaging the speakers, my portabooth thing, microphones, and a couple more movies.
I didn’t have any tape, so I had to put the box down on the floor so the bottom wouldn’t fall out. I got ready and went up to play for Lido Deck. It was fairly dead and unresponsive. I went down to eat some dinner, and sat with the comedian for the day, Marcus Raymond. He’s a nice guy. He told me he really enjoyed my songs earlier, and told me he was from San Francisco. He told me if I ever come out there to get in touch with him, and he’ll introduce me to some people. So that was cool.
I went and saw his show, and it was real funny. Prop comedy. But he did a good job with it. Stu saw me in the audience (in the back) and he came over and told me he loved my album, especially “Words You Bleed.”
As I was leaving I saw my bartender, Elizabeth serving drinks, and I went over and said hi, and she told me she heard some of my songs from a woman that bought my CD (the woman who worked for Bon Jovi’s guitar player). She told me I was unbelievable and never gives compliments unless they’re deserving, and we ended up talking about what I’m planning on doing.
Afterwards, I went back to my room for a few minutes. Then headed back up to my 9 o clock gig and played for about an hour and a half for Kelly, Leah, Jason and some others. Then I took my break. When I came back, it was DEAD... I fooled with the guitar for 45 minutes... No one was really paying attention, so I took another break.. and waited for 40 minutes for people to show... But no one did, so I left early. As I was waiting though, I talked with Elizabeth a bit. She’s almost 34, and has quite a mouth on her (cuss word wise..) But real nice, none the less.
I went to the crew mess, and got some yams... I think... and sat with Sopemla. Noochie came over and said hi. She was having a bad day she said.. Not sure why. But afterwards, I went back to my room and started looking at my SNES games on my backup hard drive. A knock came at the door.. I was in my underwear... but afraid the person would leave quickly, I grabbed my shorts and ran to the door and opened it half way. It was Noochie. Unfortunately I had the pants in the hand the door was open over, so she saw them. She told me to put my pants on. So I did and let her in. We ended up watching half of “Yes Man,” and she was suddenly tired, and got up and left. So I went back to the game thing, until I was tired, and I went to bed.

I woke up this morning at 11:50. I went to eat lunch. Stu was there, and he came and sat with me. He told me he had an idea of giving me like an original’s hour in the piano bar, where I do all of my songs and it’s promoted in the capper. I agreed to it, but I only have 2 cruises left. A shame we didn’t think of it earlier.
I came back to my room and saw my room steward, and I asked if I could borrow some tape to tape my package. He gave me duct tape. So I went to town wrapping this stuff up. I probably used half the tape given to me. Because it take a lot of tape to tape two boxes together and shut.
Afterwards I went to put money on my sail and sign card so I could get some coffee. Apparently I owed 1.70 and the only way to unlock my card was if I put 30 dollars on it plus pay 1.70... So... I just paid the 1.70, and I won’t be getting anymore snack foods.
As I came back to my room, I realized I didn’t have my room card, so I called room service. I waited nearly 20 minutes... and they still hadn’t come. My room steward saw me and let me in. 10 minutes later, room service showed up, slightly annoyed I was already in my room.
I just listened to music and have been anticipating dinner. I only had yogurt for lunch... so I’m STARVING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment