Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve.. Alone..

Last night was better than the last couple days. People seemed to care I was there. And I got a bit of requests. I managed to do “Best of You” by the Foo Fighters... which was hard... and it hurt. I’ll probably play it one more time next week. Stu came by around 11 and watched and talked with some people. He talked about my album a lot hinting if they tipped 10 dollars, they could get one for free (at least he’s trying to help me out.)
After my gig, I went to get some yogurt, and I sat with Sopemla. She asked me about my siblings and what they’re doing for christmas. She told me about hers. Then she went to call them for Christmas. I went to my room and got ready to lay down and I got a phone call from Noochie. She asked how I was and wanted to know if I wanted to come along with her and a couple friends to Ixtapa. I said sure, since I hadn’t step foot there and most people tell me it’s the best of the three ports. So we talked about her job and mine and all that. She had a headache but she said she wish we talked more when class started versus the end of class. Which, we really didn’t start talking until the last week because that’s when I really started noticing her fall asleep in class. After we hung up, I watched the Bucketlist and went to bed.

Today, I got up at around 11. On my own. That’s pretty early for me. So I sat up and checked the internet stuff. Then I got dressed and ready and went out for lunch. I was pretty determined to not be hassled by taxi drivers so I walked intently through them ignoring most of them. A couple were quite abrasive. I just kept going. But the guy, Epi, who took me to the flea market a couple weeks ago caught up, and even though I said I knew where I was going, and I only had enough money for lunch, he walked along anyways... and sat at my table...and ordered a beer on my tab... And expected a tip for coming along. Which was kind of annoying because I made it relatively clear I didn’t need any help. I gotta say I’m quite happy I’m leaving Mexico... It’s just too abrasive for me.. And I don’t like the fact the most places don’t have set prices. Everything is designed to be haggled for... and I hate that crap.
So I came back to the ship, and and started playing Civilization 4.... and I pretty much played that, and went to a small dinner, and came back and played more and more and more... until 12 am. So roughly 8 hours of the game. It sucks you in like you wouldn’t believe. But after I beat my game, I won’t want to play it anymore.
I went to get some yogurt and came back to my room... And that’s about all that’s going on.Gotta wait on Noochie’s call tomorrow.

Tomorrow’s Christmas! So Merry Christmas! This will be my first away from my family.. but I guess I should get used to that. Especially if I’m going to be a rock star. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment