Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A much needed day off!

Today was definitely a day I needed. It was nice to not really have anything to do. I got up at 12:40, and got lunch, and then played Beatles Rockband. And beat it.
Eric came knocking on the door at 3 o clock, to give me his ID so I could get off, but he said lots of pimps were trying to hook him up with prostitutes, and children would run over tugging at him to give them money. So I decided to just stay put. We talked for a bit, and he told me a couple funny stories of his past. Let’s just say it involved a special cocktail. And no.. not drugged.
We both decided we wanted to eat up in the supper club, so we ran up to try to get a reservation. Unlike last time, they were pretty mean and pushy and told us they wouldn’t hold anything unless our boss emailed them. Unfortunately Peter was off the ship, so I guess that wasn’t happening.
After Eric left, I started working on a new song. It’s real digital like, kind of like “Day Dreaming” but it’s a lot more involved with digital instruments and it has a real cool feeling to it. Reminds me of something the killer would do, except a lot darker.
Went to take a break from it, and ate lunch in the staff mess. Food looked pretty gross but I gave the sweet and sour chicken a try, and I’m really glad I did. It was really good.
Afterwards, I came back to the room to continue working on the song. At some point my program was giving me problems, so I had to move some stuff around on the computer to get it back to normal.
I took a little break and checked my email and shipping status on the guitar. It said the expected delivery date was Tuesday... One day after I leave San Diego. So I emailed Don (sweetwater salesman) and asked if he could call them and see if they’ll expedite it. I don’t really want it to sit in a hot warehouse for 8 days, with the chance that someone could steal it. And the whole reason they held on the guitar an extra day was so it would arrive on Monday. So, I’m going to fight to get it here, so I can have it then. It’s not a matter of patience.. it’s a matter of the thing being safe.
Now I’m working on melody and lyrics for this song.I have two different directions I’m working on, but neither really intrigue me. So... this will take awhile!
I work tomorrow at 8, so I’ll taking it easy. Maybe working on this song. Try some guitar on it maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment