Friday, October 23, 2009

Back to work

I managed to drift off last night at 9:30... And woke up at 1. I listened to the song some more, and a completely different melody came about, and different ideas for lyrics. So I wrote down a few verses. After an hour or so, I wanted to lay down to sleep but unfortunately, I was too awake. As I was searching through my backup harddrive and found a bunch of itunes movies I didn’t know I had with me, I found Forgetting Sarah Marshall. So I put that on and watched that until 5 am. I really wanted to see it again since I’ve been to Hawaii. Watching it made me miss Hawaii a ton.
I managed to fall asleep around 5:30. I had a very bizarre dream. I was running with a couple people from some kind of bad organization. They were trying to kill us from what I gathered. We were caught, and they put machine stuff in us. When I awoke from the surgery, they asked me to walk to the side of the building (which we were probably 20 stories high) and jump. I was reluctant too, but they said the machines would save me. So I leaped and as I fell towards the ground, i became very nervous, but as I hit the ground, I bounced back up. I landed again, and over radio, the people told me I could jump high altitudes with just a little thinking. So I tried jumping and sure enough I jumped high into the air, and landed and did it again. Until I fell in between canyons in a mountain forest area. When I landed I was afraid there might be something I don’t want to face in there, so I tried to leap. But I didn’t jump high. I tried and tried. I heard one of the guys captured with me call out, and then I lifted into the air over the mountain back to the street to my counter part. Then I woke up.
It was 2:15. So I missed lunch. I got up and started working on the song again. I was really stumped on the chorus, until I realized I wrote something earlier yesterday that fit perfectly in the chorus spot. So most of the song is written. I fooled around with recording the vocals, but I’m not getting the right sound out of myself. So, after a bit I took a break.
I put on Pirates of the Caribbean. Showered up, went and got dinner, then came back to finish my movie. Peter called me asking me if I wanted to take a safety class that would show me how to drive the lifeboats. It’s a month long course, but if I came back to ships, it’d be a cool thing to know, so I said I’d do it. 10 minutes later he called letting me know that the captains dinner will be the next formal night (two days) at 7:45. So I get that night off. Which is pretty awesome.
I went to do my gig, and my voice seemed pretty normal. No squeaking, but I did start lowering the keys to a lot of the song, so I’m not over pushing myself. I’m becoming to notice that most people can’t tell the difference anyway. I don’t need to be able to prove I can hit these hard songs every night.
The night went over well. Wasn’t that crazy of a group. Pretty laid back.
At the end of the gig, I made my way to my room, and put on POTC : Dead Man’s Chest and watched it. Now it’s 3:57 and I have safety training tomorrow at 9:30. Best I go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment