Sunday, October 18, 2009

Last night of the 1st Mexican Rivera cruise... more goodbyes.

Woke up at 12 o’clock. Voice was horse. I got up and checked my email and stuff, and I went to eat lunch. I came back to my room and practiced “Michelle” by the Beatles, “Meet Virginia” by Train, and a couple others. Afterwards, I played some Madden ’10. Gave Felicia a call and talked with her about ship life and stuff going on in her life. She was spreading herself thin so she decided to drop out of Dance Ensemble, and SGA.
I sold my 12 string, and turned around and bought the Gibson ES-335. Black. I talked with Don, the salesman of Sweetwater, and filled him in on the cruise. He’s a real nice guy. Real personable. He told me the guitar I was getting was a great buy. He knocked off a couple hundred dollars .
At dinner, I sat with Jeff and Aaron. Jeff’s last day was today. Sad. He’s a nice guy. I helped him out with his songwriting and just stressed that he can’t be afraid to write a song. He has to write stuff until something good comes out. He managed to finish a song I stressed he should finish and he thanked me for doing so. I told him to stop by my room around 7:15 so I could give him my album (digitally).
I gave it to him, and I got ready for work. Went up to the stage around 7:30 and restrung my guitar. I got playing at 8, and everything started to build from there. It got real busy, and it was a great night. Everyone was so cool. Made 140 dollars in tips. Everyone told me they left great remarks on their comment cards about me. And the cop (Greg) said anytime I need anything in San Diego, give him a call. another husband and wife offered the same.
When I finished up, Sasima told me she had to do the “Just ask” 1-4, so I said we could go out in Acapulco.
I came down to the crew bar to say goodbye to Jeff. He thanked me for everything, and I wished him luck. Found out Alex was leaving too.. Which I had no idea. We had just spoken yesterday, and I don’t recall him telling me that. So I said my goodbyes to him.
I noticed Nunik crying really hard in the corner of the bar. Turns out her boyfriend broke up with her. He didn’t really take it seriously, but she did. Everyone seemed to know but her. I remember when we worked together in the piano bar, she told me she hadn’t dated in over a year. They started dating the last whittier.
I went back up to the bar where I play, and Alex was there and Sasima was still working. We just kinda hung and chatted for a bit. Sasima and I went out on the bow deck and listened to some music and she filled me in on some of her life stuff.
Now, I guess I’m just going to go to bed, and get ready to go into town tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment