Friday, November 20, 2009

Last day of an awesome cruise

The last day of the cruise started off with me being 20 minutes late for class, which ultimately started at that moment, so everything was fine. My alarm turned off instead of snoozing... After class, I slept from 11- nearly 3. I was very tired. Afterwards, I played games until it was time to get ready for work.
I went to play at 8 and it was pretty dead until about 9:30 then from there on it picked up and was busy and fun until 1 am where I finished with the week favorite “Wonderwall.”
I gave out business cards to everyone, and thanked them all. Kelly and I hung out for a bit and I showed her my two gibson guitars which she fell in love with. She told me one of the social hosts was extremely flirty with her, but beyond just talk. He was very forward with wanting to bring her below decks, or meet her outside to get together, which she said no to both. At one point as she was getting on an elevator he went out of his way to jump on, put his arm around her chest the other hand on her butt... Which is EXTREME sexual harassment. She didn’t know what to do. I suggested she told someone, because if he’s doing that in his 1st two weeks on the ship, he will do it more, and make that many more people uncomfortable.
I made up some funny songs and all that, and she said she liked me a lot more than him because I was easy to talk too and was in no way pushy about getting together.. Which really wasn’t the goal. Just being cool and friendly.
Afterwards, I walked her to her hallway, she hugged me goodbye and I went to bed.
My alarm went off at 9 AM, where I got up quickly and went for a walk, calling Nick. Then went to Starbucks and did the online thing. Continued downloading the office episodes I bought last week. Then I got situated with the site Sellaband.com which gives regular people a chance to donate money to a band to record an album, and they get royalties, a CD and perks in return.
After that, I went and got some Japanese food which was delicious. Text talked with my friend Monica in Texas. She’s busy doing her little projects. For those who don’t remember, she was the girl who went to the Whittier bar with me before Whittier's revenge.
Then went to Sam Goody and got John Mayer’s new cd, Foo Fighters concert DVD, and Star Trek on blu ray. Then I went to the music store to get 5 packs of strings, and a new capo, since mine has been buzzing strings.
Called and talked with Felicia for a bit, and my dad. Had kind of a bathroom problem from something I ate.
Watched the new episodes of The Office I got, listened to some of John Mayer’s new album, which sounded cool. Then I fooled around on my guitar until boat drill. There were a LOT of kids running around. SOOO many...
After drill, we had a quick meeting, then I went to my room to practice some new songs until dinner. I went and ate and got ready for work, and went and played. The crowd was pretty laid back, but it is only the first night. A lot of teenagers on the ship too.
I got out around 12, and came back to the room and now I’m debating sleep. Got class tomorrow, and work at 7:30 tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment