Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday and practicing..

San Diego day started off with SCC class.. or rather, the test. Marco told us to be there at 9 sharp. So I got there at 8:45 because I’m punctual like that. 9 o’clock comes around, and it’s a ton of people who are leaving the ship that show up. Class doesn’t start until 10ish because the instructor didn’t get on the ship until roughly. Which really sucks because that’s another hour we have to stay on the ship. My one day off a week is San Diego and I like to enjoy it.
The instructor comes in, and tells us we’re taking a written test, and then some f us randomly will be asked questions, and then we’d demonstrate an evacuation drill.
He gave us the tests, and it was actually the exact same test we had for the practice test.. Just in a different order. So I breezed through it. He asked 6 people random questions, that were actually pretty tough. Luckily I wasn’t called on. We then made our way up to 3rd deck, and did the demonstration. He picked four people to be the evacuators, and the rest of us were “passengers.” So it went over well. Then he asked a couple people some questions about the liferafts. But we didn’t finish ‘til 11:30 am, and with it being Black Friday, I had to make my way out there!
So I grabbed my computer and phones and got going. Called Nick, but he was working I imagined.. Then called my Dad, and filled him in on stuff. Went up and got my usual sushi, and teriyaki chicken. Then went down to Starbucks, got a carmel latte and worked on some internet stuff.
Afterwards, I went into Sam Goody to see if they had any good deals. They had a lot of good movies for 4 dollars, so I got “Evan Almighty”, “Man of the Year”, “Something’s gotta give” “Borat” “Watchmen Motion Comic”, “Foo Fighters Live,” “Kings of Leon Live”, “Pay it Forward” and “Once.” Also got a guitar techniques book. Really wanting to teach myself to do leads better.
Talked with Felicia on the way back to the ship. Then got on the ship, dropped my stuff off, went to boat drill. Afterwards, we had a quick meeting. I got a positive comment card that Stu read aloud which was cool. Then I went back to my room and put on Evan Almighty. I practiced some scales. Over and over and over again. Then got cleaned up and played.
I had a few people that were very interested in what I’m doing, but overall it was a very dead night. I went to my room and finished Evan Almighty and continued practicing. Then I went to sleep to have a pretty bad nightmare. The ship sank in it so fast, I didn’t have time to help anybody, and I was nearly sucked under water. It was really intense and insane.
I woke up the next morning at 12. I put on the Watchmen Comic, and practiced a ton until Gabe came over and we went over some guitar stuff. Then Dinner, and then had work. Work was dead again, and I finished early. I went back to my room and watched more of the Watchmen, and practiced more.. Then fell asleep after taking my pain meds. That knocked my out until 2 pm today. I got up and did some laundry, and finished Watchmen. Then I put on Man of the Year, and kept practicing guitar. Cleaned my room at some point.
Then went to work, and it again was very VERY dead. I feel like it’s Alaska all over again. Now I’m in my room watching Kings of Leon live. So far, they are really REALLY awesome live. I’m very impressed. Tomorrow, I’m going to the beach with some friends in Acupulco, and then going to see “2010” and THEN have that thanksgiving dinner with all my friends up in the supper club! So it will be a good day tomorrow! I’m excited. Got two template orders and an original song order to write. So, I’ll get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment